Saturday, July 08, 2006

friday night with jonathan ross... well tuesday night


last tuesday becca and I and some friends went to be part of the studio audience for friday night with jonathan ross (for foreigners its kind of a funnier david letterman type show.) it was fantastic. he is a really funny guy. guests included pete doherty - very interesting to see, he is a modern icon, so fascinating to get a bit of an insight into who he is. also dominic monaghan who was merry in the lord of the rings films and is now in the tv series lost - which becca and i have totally missed the boat on not having a tv. also the zutons who are a great band, liverpudlians. also john culshaw from the tv show dead ringers, does great impressions of tony blair and ozzy osborne etc. it was great seeing the process of filming a show as well. it was all pretty relaxed, i suppose as its not live there is less pressure to get it all right. quite a few funny blooper moments.

4 comments:

gretta at lothlorien said...

Now Sam, this is a side of you I am quite unfamiliar with - have heard of almost none of the people you mentioned - Pete Doherty (is it?) rings a faint bell.

Anonymous said...

don't worry gretta we didn't know who most of the guests were before we went on the show. though we did know pete doherty... young english rock star with major drug problems. he dated kate moss. we're so excited that you and david are coming over in may!

gretta at lothlorien said...

Thankyou, Becca. Mind, I still have to save air-fare, but my $1,500 for the census next month will be a good start. Did I tell you I am being employed by tha Aus Bureau of Stats??

Anonymous said...

Sam told me. I think its great! good on you!