Saturday, November 20, 2010

Walking with Dinosaurs

Zach and I caught the train a few stops out to Crystal Palace to see the Victorian life-size, concrete dinosaurs. A truly amazing and bizarre display, not quite as glamorous as the ones I grew up on, but we had great fun spotting different ones through the trees and running around in the mud and puddles. We then stumbled upon a city farm with pigs, horses, alpacas, goats, chickens, rabbits, ferrets, and a whole range of lizards, snakes and spiders - all of them real. Kind of a surreal experience, but one that went down pretty well with the boys.



Z at crystal palace station which is very grand (I guess built to accommodate all the visitors to the great exhibition back in the day).



A clue we were headed in the right direction....



We found them!



Pretty pleased with the discovery.



Jurassic foliage?








And then the animal farm....





These are from Australia!



Tarantula, yuck!







Then we stepped back in time... and to Paris....?



3 comments:

gretta at lothlorien said...

Good spotting, Zach. I think those dinosaurs look really scary. WE had those water dragons in our back yard, in PMQ. love

anita said...

lovely

xxxx

Megs said...

Zach, your poor little hand is bandaged still. What happened? Are you OK? DOes it hurt or are you kind of used to it by now?
Love Auntie Megs...