Friday, November 05, 2010

Remember, remember the fifth of November!

Zach and Martha enjoyed their first fireworks this year! Zach was really excited beforehand (even without knowing exactly what fireworks were, he said to Becca we were going to see how the "fire works"...!). As we walked across Clapham Common, getting closer to the fireworks, Zach said "be careful. Be really careful" a few times. I told him they were very far away and to prove it stretched out my arm upwards towards them. He did the same and seemed more relaxed about the whole thing. Martha loved them - she was squealing with delight.

I've been going to the Clapham Common fireworks for eight years! Unbelievable, considering I was originally only intending to stay for six months and it's almost the longest period in my life of doing something annually in the same place (about to take over Sydney where I lived for nine years)!


















5 comments:

anita said...

fantastic pix

xxxx

Rachel J-L said...

What fun!
Great to see you all - we miss you!
As soon as I brought up your blog David said "Un Sam! Bedda!" He struggled a bit with Zach and Martha's names but then said "Aboo!" (Maybe because the pictures appear as I scroll down?!)

Unknown said...

Hi lovelies! I haven't been blogging in ages and it's so nice to see your lovely faces. Can't wait to see them in person soon! Beautiful photos.

gretta at lothlorien said...

Did you explain about Guy Fawkes and the ancestral Winters?????

gretta at lothlorien said...

They are truly lovely pics, with you all looking awed by the fire works. Am really interested, Sam, in the sense of continuity you have through the Clapham Common Guy Fawkes celebrations, over 8 years. Funny that we lived near there too.