Wednesday, November 01, 2006

weekend with gran




sam and i just spent a weekend with gran in Dorset. sam was quite fluey and it is a lovely cozy place to rest and recover. the sun was bright so i went for a gorgeous walk.

thomas the tank engine was running back and forth along the tracks at the bottom of the fields behind gran's house for children on half-term holiday.

we had a lovely and very large pub lunch on sunday. awful traffic on the way home but beautiful sunset.

gran is very inspiring - in her nineties and still incredibly healthy, active and very wise and thoughtful.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you, once again, for looking after eddie thias weekend just passed. he had such a lovely day with you.

i remember seeing the steam train when we stayed at corfe castle for NYE with your fam a few years ago...

Anonymous said...

feeling very envious of you having such a lovely gran...

Megs said...

Eowyn says: "I like your Thomas the Tank Engine Picture!" Coco says: "We got milk! we went to the store!!" Meg says "See you in 27 days!! Yeeehaaaa!"

gretta at lothlorien said...

Sounds a lovely break away, and a lovely Gran. I remember too the wonderful video of your Grandfather, Becca , who was, I think, her husband?? Great faith. I am wondering if Sam remembers his Grandma much??

Unknown said...

I love Gran

sam becca zach and martha said...

I do remember Grandma, just a little though. I would love to know more of what she was like.

Yes, the video you saw was of that Grandfather (ie. Gran's husband).