Wednesday, March 29, 2006

post-holiday blues

we returned last night from a delightful week staying with aunt martha in bangor and visiting relatives in bangor, holywood and belfast. amazing how many relatives sam and i both have all living so near each other. we walked from sam's great aunt martha's house to my great aunt freda's house in 10 minutes! AND amazing how much the Irish love to feed guests with cakes, big meals, puddings and plenty of cups of tea!.. we've both doubled in size over the week! :) we'll post more on our trip to Ireland soon, with photos. we have some lovely little videos of aunt martha too which sam will email around.

I'm now sitting in my dressing gown, going through emails from the week, browsing various family blogs and listening to something beautiful on the radio. oh they just said it - John Tavener's 'The Lamb'. lovely. a beautiful piece of music can be so good for the soul.. especially when feeling lonely after having a week full of lovely holiday time with my wonderful sam. i'm trying to get motivated to unpack and tidy the flat. sam has wearily returned to work with post-holiday blues. i start my new job on monday which i'm feeling excited and nervous about.

7 comments:

baker st jones said...

i went to a concert by taverner - he was conducting
(am awake bcse poor eddie is )
a

Rachel J-L said...

I'm in the post-holiday blues also after my lovely week in Sydney. I just took another look at the unpacked - no, that's un-unpacked bags in my bedroom, and then walked away again. I'll get to them.
At least I'll get to see Victor again today! When Mum and Dad bring him home. I wonder which mountain they've made him climb...

Rachel J-L said...

And yes, beautiful music is definitely good for the soul. Necessary even.

Ado, Rose, Oliver and Imogen said...

Hey guys, it's great to see what you're up to. It wil be fantastic if you can come over to Aus again. looking foward to it. Can you believe it's been 5 months since we were with you? time sure flies.
We'll be in touch. P.S. We just updated our blog. I know -we're slow! oh well.

gretta at lothlorien said...

How wonderful, Becca, about GA's Martha and Freda. I had not twigged that you would be seeing relatives too, tho' I knew they were in Holywood, etc. Holywood?? Well, between Belfast and Bangor. I also love Taverner. I hope the new job is wonderful and Monday goes well. Aido and Rosie, Fay let me in on a secret. Can it be shared???

gretta at lothlorien said...

Please check my blog. All my own work.

baker st jones said...

how was new job becca?