Monday, March 23, 2009

Zach's 1st birthday party

pre-party preparation




opening the first gift


cuddles with the Winters


a birthday book with Aunty Tri


Happy Birthday to Zach!


Birthday cake!!


a little cautious at first as the crowds look on


Some help from cousin Sebbie


and confidence grows


late-night playing with Bethan as the party subsides

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

the cake was delicious becca!

lots of love to the ONE YEAR OLD

xxxxx

Megs said...

I love that American tradition of setting the one year old loose on their cake, and I love Zach's coyness! Eowyn and Coco had a lot of fun attacking theirs - I can't believe they're 5 and 7, and Uncle Sam and Auntie Becca, who have been so delightfully present in their lives, are parents of one year old Zachary!!!! Happy Birthday dear Zach!! We adore you! I don't have a cell phone any more so shan't be able to make a happy birthday Zachary movie, BUT we'll sing it to you and send you lots of love!

MazBrost said...

I can't believe he's a year already! Time flies when you're not paying attention.

Unknown said...

Wow~ How fun it all looks! Wish we could have been there. Now I'll go and post Rudy's birthday pics so you can see!!! Love you loads, Jo xxx

gretta at lothlorien said...

Zach will really be into his 2 year old birthday cake (see all those 2 year olds just hanging back. Very civilized of them). Thanks so much for sharing those pics with us. Did our gifts arrive?? love, g

sam becca zach and martha said...

YES Your gifts arrived!.. we can't wait to open them with zach tomorrow!! thank you!! those little buddies watching on are actually also 1 like zach (except for sebbie of course:)

b x

sam becca zach and martha said...

oh and thanks anita. sam actually made the cake after i had a disastrous attempt at basic sponge cake!! I made the icing :)

b x

Megs said...

your cup cakes look mighty fine Becca dear!

Rachel J-L said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ZACH!!

So lovely to see pictures of your birthday celebration. What fun!

with much love,
Auntie Rachel, Uncle Victor and cousin David