Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mother's Day

For my first UK Mother's Day as a mother I was brought a delicious breakfast & newspaper, plus an orchid and card from Zach.


We spent the day lazing in the garden...


and drinking cartons of smoothie.


Zach played with his new toys..


and with the dirt!


... while mummy read the 'paper.

4 comments:

Megs said...

hAPPY uk mOTHERS' dAY bECCA!
I love that crinkled up face Zachary does! Eowyn used do a similar face as a newborn, and we called her our great big googly eyed prawn princess. no, that was entirely something else. but i love that expression of Zachary's!! There's a special Kandinsky celebration of Zach's first year on our blog... And we are trying to set up the skype camera so we can sing happy birthday to Zach in his hearing! ANd Sam, congrats on your degree! well done! love megs

gretta at lothlorien said...

i AM VERY CONFUSEDLY WANTING TO WISH DARLING zACH A HAPPY BIRTHDAY, but seem to have missed that and skipped to Mothers' Day. I thought we were ahead of you over here!! Any way, happy birthday, Zach!!!!! (We have sung to you on the phone, Grandpa and I), and happy Mothers' Day, Becca. (Is it your first?? or did Zach make it in time last year? That may be a stupid thing to say, but am v confused about your Mothers' Day, and when it is. I think it wanders about, like Easter??) much love

sam becca zach and martha said...

Gretta, apparently mother's day over here is always on the fourth sunday in the month of Lent - wich would make it different every year. and it was my first this year.
Zach's party was on the 21st and his birthday on the 26th - that may be why the blog was confusing. thank you for your birthday message on his birthday!!

gretta at lothlorien said...

Yes, and I now see that you had even said it was your 1st Mothers' Day. I was vvv tired - this TESOL course is really stretching me. much love