Friday, November 02, 2007

Little Venice to Regent's Park (B)


On Sunday, Aunty Lucy's last day in London, we went to Little Venice and filled-up on the most delicious pub lunch at a beautiful old pub - The Prince Alfred , before walking along the Canal - passing through the grand lavishness, industrial grit and enormous Council tenements of Maida Vale, emerging in beautiful Regent's Park behind vast palatial homes.



we watched a canal boat emerge from this tunnel - they were headed for Heathrow and expecting it to take them 6hours! as we walked on we discovered that it is a VERY long tunnel. it must be with some trepidation and adrenilin that the boats enter the darkness with only a small headlight.


we're thinking a Canal boat trip would make a great holiday. i loved our canal boat holidays as a child - i celebrated my fifth birthday on one of them.




entering Regent's Park




heading for home as the light fades

2 comments:

gretta at lothlorien said...

What a wow of a walk. Wonderful London, and great to see you looking so in the pink. Any results from the Empire Statebuilding?

baker st jones said...

I believe I am familiar with 'The Prince Alfred'.
Canal boating is one of those holidays I periodically consider. It enjoyed a moment in the sun a few summers ago when, bizarrely, Harrison Ford and Ali McBeal were photographed on one somewhere in Shropshire. I'm not sure if that took the wind out of my own sails.