Sunday, June 03, 2007

20 years - 03/06/87

My little brother Stephen died 20 years ago today.
Here's remembering...











6 comments:

MazBrost said...

From our experience with Zoe I know there are no words that are appropriate to say when someone dies. All I can say is that is sucks and I'm really sorry.

You never forget, although the pain becomes easier to live with. Here's wishing you strength and joy and hope as you reflect on your amazing brother and the times you had together, albeit cut short.

all our love,
NGJ

gretta at lothlorien said...

Wonderful photos and memories. Thanks,big Brother Sam.

Suse said...

Sam,
Memories from Ky come flooding back... I remember Stephen - a boy full of joy and love and even cheeky. So young, yet so special.
Thank you for sharing these beautiful pics Sam - a smile to my face(even though sad too) with the childhood memories of Stephen and the Jones clan - a special bunch of people indeed! xox

Megs said...

Dear Sam,
I remember you so vividly, when Stephen, your best buddy, your playmate died. You and he played together in a similar way to Eowyn and Cosette - very much enjoying each other's company and understanding each other. I love you. I wish he hadn't died. Did you know that I took all these photos (except for the two i'm in!) the bottom two, of you and Stephen at the farm, i actually found that film after he died, and was so thankful for it. You and he were being kangaroos.

Becca, thank you for your lovely words - I am so glad you like the recipe book!! have i found your love language? yipee! The lasagne is my adaptation of a few recipes from The Moosewood Cookbook.

I can't really believe I'm actually going to see you two NEXT MONTH! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Megs said...

Jim took the one where he's peeping out from the ... whatever those things were? Bike racks? How is the bike going, Becca?

Anonymous said...

my love language being food!!??