due to high demand, here's the recipe:200g (7oz) good quality dark chocolate, chopped
100g (3.5oz) butter, chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
115g (half a cup) caster sugar
2 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
thick cream or creme fraiche
Preheat oven to 200C (400F/Gas 6). Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure bowl doesn't touch the water) and stir until just melted.
Place eggs, sugar, flour in a bowl and mix until just combined. Gradually mix in the chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into four ovenproof ramekins and place on a baking tray. Bake until edges are set, about 15mins.
Serve with thick cream or creme fraiche. Serves 4
These are SO rich and yummy and very easy to make. I've made them twice and the second time was better because they were in the oven for less time so more gooey in the middle. The recipe is from a Bill Granger cook book, who I believe is Australian.
5 comments:
Good - I wanted that recipe. Now, what size are the ramekins? I think mine would be too small.Am having a big bake-up this Fri, for visitors on Sunday. Bit of a thankyou for people who brought me weekly meals during chemo.Also want to cook cookies for Kairos prison ministry. They need 144 dozen, or something.much love, G
This recipe makes enough for four ramekins.. each 250ml (1cup). They are very rich so slightly smaller ramekins would probably be fine. Enjoy, B
thats 1728 cookies mum!
nice to chat today, my phone died while i was speaking to rach :(
Actually, it's 144 thousand dozen cookies! (seriously!)
I've been to Bill's 2. That's Bill Granger's Sydney restaurant. I had brekky there with Kathy Gallop one time and ate his famous corn fritters, which were excellent.
Thanks for the recipe.
Yes, I was sorry to get cut off from you, Sam. I'd just said how ridiculously funny those little kids looked in the pointy hats and suddenly you stopped laughing. I momentarily thought, "oh no! I've offended him!"
Post a Comment