Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sun at 45 degree angle

I just looked outside on what is going to become an increasingly normal panorama, with a translucent white sky and the sun at a 45 degree angle to the horizon behind it. How very wintry!

I am home sick today. Sick at home that is. Second day running. I have been knocked over by a silent version of the flu - no sneezing or coughing, but the aches, pains, headaches and fevers have stuck around. I feel zonked. It is good to be able to rest it off though.

Becca and I had a very chilled weekend which included a spot of driving in our new car! Check it out!We went to IKEA on Sunday to buy a new shelf for our flat (and the inevitable IKEA sack of little things you pick up along the way, which, incidentally, added up to the same amount as the shelf!) The IKEA in Croydon has two fantastic chimneys, a reminder of what people did before shopping at IKEA perhaps... worked in factories?They are similar to those of the fabulous Battersea Power Station designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott (who also designed Bankside Power Station - now the Tate Modern art gallery - and the classic red phoneboxes)



The weekend before last tom and I (and some of tom's work colleagues) went to an AFL (Australian Rules Football) match played between the West Coast Eagles and the Fremantle Dockers at the Oval.It was a really weird experience watching such a familiar sport in such a foreign place! A lot of fun though, possibly a bit lazy on the sporting side, but plenty of good punchups!

So, I am testing out the links within a blog. Lets see how that goes!

1 comment:

baker st jones said...

hi, anita here, this is the coolest blog spot ever.