Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cat & Bird

Zach reminds me of a cat - he goes out spider hunting in the garden and brings spiders in to the house to show me. Invariably the spider is dead or half-dead between his fingers.
Martha is a little morning lark. She sings very loudly from 6am. In order not to wake Sam and Zach and to avoid an hour of 'shushing' poor martha, I decided to embrace her early rising and have been going running/walking/stretching on Wandsworth Common with her.

My trusty exercise companion
It is a beautiful way to start the day, Martha can sing her heart out, the boys sleep in and the endorphins are GREAT at keeping me sane and positive!!

4 comments:

2harewood said...

good on you becca (not sure i will be getting any endorphins from my early 3am rise this morn...!?)

stella also reminds me of a bird with her noises - a cross btwn a seagull and a crow i think

roo seems to call most little animals he spots, 'spiders'...we have bought him a little spider lunch bag

morning common photos look gorgeous. and what is that creature zach holding in bed?

a


xxxxx

Unknown said...

What wonderful posts! I kept going and going and I didn't want it to end! It is a great way to journal things isn't it? Just lovely to see your kiddos grow. I wish wish wish our kids could hang out. I think they would have a ball. I miss you all so much. XOXOXOX jo

Megs said...

how lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love your embracing of the early morning wake up song of Martha and even enjoyment of it. That kind of routine is fun and you will remember it as a sweet time when you move on to something else. Well done. What precious memories you'll have.
Mum xxoo