becca and i have just ridden along the
wandle trail... we were visiting our friends andi and karen down in morden who we helped (a little) with their garden, followed by a bbq. we then set off on our bike ride home, with no idea that we were embarking on a nature trail adventure through london! it was such a beautiful wandering along the wandle (after which Wandsworth is named) through wetlands, industrial parks, allotments with tumble-down sheds, gypsy trailer parks; kind of with no real idea of where we were headed. but then we suddenly popped out on garrett lane which is right near our house!
these pictures are just from google images, but it gives you and idea...




4 comments:
How lovely to wend your way along the Wendle (Wandle?) I'm confused, and can't see your type. I hadn't realised, when you talked about it on the phone, that you had been on bikes. Well done.
i think i have heard of people going 'wandle-ing'....is that right, or am i making it up?
love u guys
miss u guys
actually, i was talking w eddie abt uncle sam and missing people from london, etc. then he said decisively 'maybe miss uncle sam'. maybe is his new word....i think i must say it a lot
how fun!
'Twas lovely to speak to you both just now! (All you two ever do is sit down for dinner!)
Last week I explored Thornton Creek, our local watershed, and spontaneously decided to wade along in it and see our neighbourhood from a new angle. It wended and wandled through people's private, manicured back gardens ... I had to sneak past a lady who was in fact in her garden. Don't think she saw me! I was relieved when TC finally meandered under a bridge, so I could safely get out and not have to be surreptitious and sneaky any longer!!!!!! Here's to discovering our local streams!!
hey you guys... this is sarah. Josh got the weekend off work so we can come to chicago! Email him for the details.
Post a Comment