Saturday, June 03, 2006

un merveilleux peu de jours a Paris

To celebrate our first wedding anniversary, Becca and I went to beau Paris for a few days. It was a really special time, beginning with an upgrade to first class on the Eurostar across - great fun, yummy food, wine and lots of space. actually, that sums up much of our weekend. great fun, yummy food, wine and lots of space. space to love one another and ponder how amazing it is to be wed.

Paris asks to be explored, and explore it we did. Lots of walking around Le Marais, bohemian (once) Monmatre, along the banks of the Seine from Notre Dame to the Eiffel Tower. All of this done between the heavens opening and raining down on us - but what a shame to have to duck into a lovely cafe or bar or church or museum. Love it.

We made it up to a part I wasn't familiar with to Les Puces de Saint-Ouen (the world's largest flea market) just outside the 18th arrondissement, an old village. Amazing French antiques and bits and bobs.

We had a magnificant meal in a place called Brasserie Mollard next to Saint Lazare train station. Art Nouveau tiles, tourists-free, sensational seafood and les crepes flambe au grand marnier - mmmmmmmmm.

Oh what a beautiful morning. city. life. wife.

6 comments:

gretta at lothlorien said...

Les images sont tres petites!! But good to see you in Paris. I have put up farm photos now, too. Much love.

Anonymous said...

lovely

Jenny said...

Happy 1st anniversary.
How lovely to be in Paris!!!!!
Love Jenny

Anonymous said...

I was last in Parish in 1977 yet your evocative descriptions brought back memories (I was 32) - lots of love Dad (N.S.W.)

Anonymous said...

Paris, not Parish, sorry.

Anonymous said...

and to think we could have bumped into each other... i'm currently in paris. :)
anne-sophie.