Monday, November 09, 2009

USA Part 2

Here we all are together at the reception following Nana's lovely Memorial Service.

Johanna's wonderful installation - people wrote memories of Nana on red pieces of paper and added them to this floating beauty.

The Donalds (Dennis, Cate, Robert and his fiance Jesse-May and Polly - Mum's sister)

Rudy and Zach playing in our hosts closet after the evening family dinner

A family trip out to Hingham where my Mum grew up

and the Talbots store was first started. Here it is:

Gramps and Nana's house in Cohasset where we spent many a summer until they sold it 20 years ago.

It was gorgeous to re-visit this special childhood place.

The local lovely beach

Johanna and Margot

Sam, Matt, Tri and I went for a very chilly and refreshing swim!

Dig dig digging!


Visiting Mum's childhood neighbours


Saying a very sad goodbye to Rudy early in the morning.

Waking up from a nap on the airplane

8 comments:

Megs said...

Thanks for these pics Becca!
Your faces have sorrow in them. I wish you comfort in your grief.
Love Meg

Triona said...

such a lovely post. x makes me nostalgic feel a bit melancholic. but strangely so because it's so gorgeous. xx

sam becca zach and martha said...

the B&W photo was intentionally sorrowful, we were going for the victorian-photo-look

gretta at lothlorien said...

Thanks so much for sharing all this with us, Becca. So much of your own history, too. Zach seems to have come through it all smiling, even on the plane. And we will see you SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!love,

gretta at lothlorien said...

I have just checked the b&w pic. I don't think people smiled for photos until relatively recently. Have just read a lot of Mitford biogs and autobiogs. No smiles up to WWII time.

Rachel J-L said...

I think Zach got the Victorian-photo-look just right!

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Nana.
xxx

Anonymous said...

Becca,
Thanks for the great photos of a wonderful although poignant time with many memories. Lots of fun too. Rudy and Zach had a really good time in Cambridge together. So fun to see. I still can't believe Sam, Matt, Triona and you, pregnant, went swimming in Oct in Massachusetts Bay. Impressive.xxxooo