Monday, October 22, 2007

Empire State Building building

The Guardian newspaper has been running a series on modern buildings over the past week, culminating on Saturday with a free model of the Empire State Building to build. Well, this little sick fellow (meaning not well, rather than an angry young chap with psychotic tendencies) thought it a challenge worth taking. I have no feeling in my fingertips thanks to superglue, but I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. A new hobby?


This is my work station


Starting block


2nd Block


Getting there (really fiddly by now)


Almost done - just the lightning rod, this will really test my creativity and dexterousness...



There it is! Finito!


And now for a few glamour shots...


I'm going to send this last picture off to the Guardian. They have a competition for 2 flights to NYC! Fingers crossed!


The workstation afterwards...


The scene from where I'm sitting writing this blog :)

5 comments:

Rachel J-L said...

Very impressive, sicko!
Seriously, it looks great. I hope you win!
love, Rachel

Anonymous said...

well done

Unknown said...

I love that you used hair cutting scissors! It's brilliant! Love, Jo

Megs said...

oh my! and new york's just a hop, step and a jump from seattle!! YOU COULD COME AND STAY!! And all because Sam was poorly for a very long time and made an incredible model! Yay!

THere's a similar-ish project about to start in Seattle, where everybody has to write a 50 000 word novel in the month of november! i like the idea!!!

love you 3,
m

Jenny said...

Well done Sam.